THE SCHOOL HEARTBREAKER – A LOVE THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO HAPPEN Episode 3
THE SCHOOL HEARTBREAKER – A LOVE THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO HAPPEN
Episode 3
Daniel and Sophia stood rooted to the spot.
Neither of them expected to be caught.
The Vice Principal, Mr. Richard, folded his arms across his chest.
“So…”
“You two have been hiding behind the school gate after closing hours?”
Daniel quickly stepped away from Sophia.
“It’s not what you think, sir.”
Mr. Richard raised an eyebrow.
“Oh?”
“Then tell me what I should think.”
Before Daniel could answer, Sophia spoke.
“Sir… it’s my fault.”
Daniel immediately interrupted.
“No, sir. She didn’t do anything.”
Mr. Richard looked from one face to the other.
Interesting.
Each was trying to protect the other.
That alone made him even more suspicious.
“I don’t have time for stories.”
“My office. Now.”
Without another word, he walked ahead.
Daniel and Sophia exchanged nervous glances before following him.
⸻
Inside the Vice Principal’s office…
The room was silent except for the ticking of the wall clock.
Mr. Richard removed his glasses and placed them gently on the table.
“State your names.”
“Daniel Johnson, sir.”
“Sophia Adams, sir.”
He nodded slowly.
“I know both of you.”
He leaned back in his chair.
“Daniel…”
“You’ve been in this school for almost a year.”
“Excellent grades.”
“Excellent conduct.”
“Not a single complaint.”
Then he turned to Sophia.
“And today is your first day.”
“So explain to me…”
“Why were both of you holding hands outside the school gate?”
Sophia quickly replied.
“I only held his hand because he was leaving.”
Mr. Richard frowned.
“And why exactly didn’t you want him to leave?”
Silence.
The question hung in the air.
Daniel finally spoke.
“Sir…”
“We knew each other before I came to this school.”
The Vice Principal’s expression changed slightly.
“Oh?”
“How?”
Daniel hesitated.
Sophia lowered her eyes.
Neither of them wanted to tell the truth.
Not yet.
Mr. Richard sighed.
“I’ll ask one last time.”
“Are the two of you in a relationship?”
Both answered immediately.
“No, sir!”
The response came so quickly that it almost sounded rehearsed.
Mr. Richard wasn’t convinced.
He studied their faces carefully.
Then he smiled.
A smile that made both students even more uncomfortable.
“I’ll let this slide because today is Sophia’s first day.”
“But hear me clearly.”
“The school has a zero-tolerance policy on dating.”
“If I ever catch the two of you together like this again…”
“I won’t listen to any explanation.”
“You’ll both face the disciplinary committee.”
“Is that understood?”
“Yes, sir.”
“You may leave.”
Both students thanked him and hurried out.
⸻
Outside the office…
Neither of them spoke.
They walked silently towards the school gate.
After several minutes, Daniel finally stopped.
“What do you want from me, Sophia?”
She swallowed hard.
“I came to explain.”
“There’s nothing to explain.”
“There is.”
Daniel laughed bitterly.
“You disappeared.”
“You changed your phone number.”
“You never replied to my letters.”
“You made me believe everything between us was a lie.”
Sophia’s eyes filled with tears.
“I never received your letters.”
Daniel stared at her.
“What?”
“My father transferred us to another state that same week.”
“He took away my phone.”
“He never wanted us to keep in touch.”
Daniel frowned.
“Why?”
Sophia looked around to make sure no one was listening.
Then she whispered…
“Because…”
“My father blamed you for what happened to my brother.”
Daniel froze.
His heart skipped a beat.
A memory he had struggled to bury suddenly came rushing back.
A rainy evening…
A speeding truck…
Someone screaming his name…
His breathing became heavy.
“No…”
“Don’t bring that up.”
Sophia reached for him.
“Daniel…”
He stepped back immediately.
“I tried to forget.”
“You should have stayed away.”
Without another word…
Daniel walked away.
Sophia remained where she stood, tears rolling freely down her cheeks.
From the balcony of the administrative block…
Someone had watched everything.
It was Anita.
She folded her arms.
“So…”
“They were lying.”
“They definitely know each other.”
A slow smile spread across her face.
“This is going to be interesting.”
TO BE CONTINUED…
> *DROP A REACTION AFTER READING AND SHARE THE STORY*

Comments
Post a Comment